Safe Line Handling for Assist Tugs
Streaming Videos DO NOT include a record of completion/certificate.
Videos expire 48 hours from the time of purchase.
Lines are one of the most important and utilized tools in the maritime industry. They are strong and durable when used properly, but some of the most serious and disabling injuries in the maritime industry can result from improper line handling techniques. This is particularly true on ship assist tugs.
This program is intended to raise awareness of the potential hazards that may arise when handling lines and to suggest some basic line handling guidelines for both ship assist tugs’ crews and ships’ deck crew.
- Assist Tug Design and Deck Fittings
- Deck Equipment and Types of Line
- Basic Line Handling Safety
- Working a Towing Line Safely
- Injury Prevention and Line Handling Ergonomics
- Care and Inspection of Lines