OSHA Formaldehyde Standard
Streaming Videos DO NOT include a record of completion/certificate.
Videos expire 48 hours from the time of purchase.
While formaldehyde is used in many laboratory operations, it can still be a significant health hazard. The results of mishandling formaldehyde can be serious. They can range from the short-term discomfort associated with minor burns or skin irritation... to chronic effects from a lifetime of overexposure.
"The OSHA Formaldehyde Standard" provides training that is required by this standard, focusing on the rules and procedures that the standard establishes for working with this potentially dangerous chemical. Length: 15 minutes
- Potential Health Hazards Associated with Formaldehyde
- Testing for Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL)
- Labeling and Safety Data Sheets
- Hoods and Other Ventilation Systems
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Spill Clean-up and Decontamination Procedures
- First Aid
- The Medical Surveillance Plan...and more