Hydrogen Sulfide Safety for the Oilfield Industries
Streaming Videos DO NOT include a record of completion/certificate.
Videos expire 48 hours from the time of purchase.
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) is a very serious hazard that requires rigorous training, periodic drills, pre-planning, and special work precautions. Any company personnel working in an area with a risk of dangerous H2S concentrations must receive appropriate training prior to beginning work operations.
This program will train oilfield employees and contractors to recognize when H2S is present in their work area and introduce the precautions necessary to work with H2S safely. This information will help fulfill the training requirements of API Recommended Practice 49, ANSI Z390.1 and other international regulatory standards. Length: 30 minutes
- Properties of H2S
- H2S Locations
- Health Hazards
- Initial Response Strategy
- Approved Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Supplied Air Breathing Apparatus (SABA)
- Pre-Use Inspection of Breathing Apparatus
- Wearing and Operating Breathing Apparatus
- After-Use Inspection of Breathing Apparatus
- Detector Tube Devices
- Operating Detector Tube Devices
- Electronic Monitors
- Rescue Techniques