Safe Manual Winch Practices and Procedures
Streaming Videos DO NOT include a record of completion/certificate.
Videos expire 48 hours from the time of purchase.
This program walks students step-by-step through the operational practices required to operate barge hand winches safely while making and breaking tow. Winches featured include various models of the major manufacturers (e.g., Patterson, Nabrico). Length: 19 minutes
- Proper method for paying out
- Keeping feet and hands out of the spokes of the wheel
- Engaging and releasing the dog
- Utilizing a handle extension
- Use of the brake and safe release of wires under extreme pressure