Maritime Lockout/Tagout Awareness Safety Training
Moxie‰۪s Maritime Lockout/Tagout Awareness Safety Training will enable crewmembers toåÊunderstand the importance of energy control, know the steps necessary to conduct an effective lockout/tagout procedure,åÊdemonstrate how to apply energy isolation measures, and use locks and tags.
LOTO training is required for towing vessels subject to the Coast Guard‰۪s Subchapter M regulations. The American Waterways Operators Responsible Carrier Program also requires training for companies using the RCP for their TSMS (Towing Safety Management System).
The OSHA standard for the control of Hazardous Energy Lockout/Tagout for United States shipyard facilities is 29 CFR Part 1915.80 and 1915.89. And at OSHA compliant land-based facilities the standard is 1910.147.
Regardless of regulatory requirements, an effective LOTO process is imperative for safe operations aboard any type of commercial vessel.
It's important that the crew is familiar with the company‰۪s Towing Management System (TSMS) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for specific policies and procedures regarding LOTO. Length: 13 minutes
- Knowing When Lockout/Tagout Controls are Necessary
- Identifying the Various Sources of Energy
- Conducting a Lockout/Tagout Job Safety Analysis
- Identifying the Different Steps to Perform a Lockout/Tagout Procedure
- Information Required for Completing Warning Tags
- Understanding Special Circumstances That May Arise on the Vessel