Introduction to GHS (The Globally Harmonized System)
Created specifically to assist facilities in complying with the employee training requirements of OSHA's GHS regulations, these products discuss the Globally Harmonized System for the Classification and Labeling of Chemicals.
This training product on "Introduction to GHS (The Globally Harmonized System)" reviews what the Globally Harmonized System is all about, why OSHA adopted the GHS, and the phase-in dates for implementing the GHS. Length: 21 minutes
Topics covered include:
- What is the Globally Harmonized System?
- Why Did OSHA adopt the GHS?
- Hazard classification.
- The "Safety Data Sheet".
- Container labeling (text elements).
- Container labeling (pictograms).
- Information and training.
- GHS "phase in" dates.