Conducting Effective Onboard Drills for Vessel & Offshore Facility Crews
Streaming Videos DO NOT include a record of completion/certificate.
Videos expire 48 hours from the time of purchase.
This program has been developed to emphasize the importance of emergency response drills and provides instruction on how to make onboard drills more effective.
Some common drills that are demonstrated in this training are: fire response, man overboard, launching/maneuvering skiffs or rescue boats, launching of life rafts, collision, allusion & grounding, spill response, security, and abandon ship drills. Length: 19 minutes
- The importance of conducting drills
- Knowledge of the different types of emergency drills required for safe operations
- Planning and organizing drills to train and challenge crew members in different emergency scenarios
- Observing and evaluating crew drills
- Providing feedback through post drill debriefings with a focus on continued improvement for future drills
- Conducting effective drills in order to respond to actual emergency situations